Wednesday, August 11, 2010

From Bed To Bench For White Wednesday

Hi everyone, Here it is another White Wednesday. Well its Scotts time again, I hope to get some blogging in the rest of the week, we'll see. I did want to do White Wednesday for sure. Welcome to my Swedish style bench in my conservatory (I could say sun porch, but I love the romance of the word). I know pics are coming, right now I have a French settee in there, that's not suppose to be there. Garage time for that little beauty (I know before and afters of that also, I got a really great deal on it). Back to the bench, it has a surprise.... It was really a headboard and footboard in the trash. It was a couple of years ago, I was picking up a friend for lunch and spied it. I couldn't get it right then, so though lunch that was all I could think about. After lunch I bee lined right to it, just in time to snatch it from the trash man. He even helped me get it in my car (talk about a close call). I had seen in a magazine how to turn headboards and footboards into benches, so now was my chance.
I added details because all the details were taken off of it. I don't like doing that, but it did need something. Chopped the footboard in half, perfect arms. Added a skirt and a deck, some white paint and wa la done (Ok it wasn't that easy, but wouldn't you like to think that).
Some fluffy pillows, for napping..... (I've done that a few times on here).
There you have it from bed to bench.....
For more wonderful white eye candy go visit Kathleen at http://fadedcharmcottage.blogspot.com/
See everyone next time......

16 comments:

  1. This is absolutely Gorgeous!!! You did a wonderful job, and the pillows make it just dreamy! the little added embellishment at the apron on the bottom, "just makes it"!!
    xo,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I have had a bed for years that I was going to do that to. I think I have to many saved up projects. Thanks for sharing that beautiful settee. ~~Sherry~~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bench!! I've always wanted one. So thankful you rescued the little beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! That is gorgeous! I truly love it, great job! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bench and your blog ~ so happy I stopped by!! We camp all summer and I would love to paint my trailer white and shabby it all up inside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That transformation you did is perfection! I really love it. And best of all, it's free! Luv your blog by the way, I'm your newest follower :) Stopping by a day late from White Wed.
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful transformation! Love the bench! I need to pay more attention to other peoples trash! LOL! Thanks for the inspiration!
    ~ Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever idea! I love the power of white paint...

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have really transformed this piece-I so agree about the power of white paint! I need to find something to paint white right now!!!!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative and charming! I see bed frames too and wonder what to do with them. They're solid wood... even to buy to paint on.

    xo, Candylei

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love this! I've seen different pieces used for benchs and hall trees too...this is just wonderful..great job!

    I'm visiting for White Wednesday {a bit late!}

    Happy Day,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love love love this bench! How clever and beautiful. I need to save this for future inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. PS I am adding you to my blog roll!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the setee. I does look like a wonderful place for a nap.

    ReplyDelete