Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving and giving thanks

Hi everyone, well today is Thanksgiving and I have many things to be thankful for. First being a wonderful friend who decided to spend Thanksgiving with me. We are both far from home and they asked what I was doing when I said Boston Market and DVDs, They changed their plans and are spending Thanksgiving with me. Great friends are always a God sent. So I decided to put together a special table for the two of us. After all they cook (didn't get that gene from Martha Stewart), and I table set.



I like simple yet elegant tablesetting, everything here I own so I just cleaned it up and put it out.



Grocery store roses, always a good thing in a pinch. Some rose hips for some color also gives an autumn feel.


Finally one of my favorite pieces, this is an antique butter dish. I fell in love with her the minute I saw her. The dealer and I were really good friends so she gave me a really good deal. She said she wanted it to go to a good home. I love it and use it as much as I can.

I hope you can count your blessings today, because I will. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.
See you next time......






No comments:

Post a Comment